Monday, May 23, 2011

Ready for Market


Always ready to use whatever scraps, pants or fabric is being tossed out, I grabbed a pile of my husbands jeans awhile back he was going to toss and decided I would cut them up for a rag quilt.

Saturday evening however, after another of my flimsy recycled shopping bags ripped, I sat at my trusty machine and made myself a bag to take to the market.

I left all the pockets open so if I am making a quick trip, I can toss my cell phone and wallet in them. On the way home, I can place smaller items like gum, candy, etc. that might get smashed on the bottom.

It took about 15 minutes from start to finish and now I have received 3 offers for people that want one.

It is another UFO completed!

5 comments:

Chris H said...

Very clever idea... well done.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I take the fabric bags all the time. I never thought of using the jeans that way, tho. Good idea.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Nice job...I use my jean bags for beach bags....they are tuff....

Marg said...

That is so useful. What a great idea. I'll have to look through the jeans here and see what I can find.

RobynLouise said...

I can't see that bag breaking easily if it's filled with canned or heavy goods. Great idea to leave all the pockets intact! Lol, you could accessorise by 'dressing' your bag with a different belt each outing.